how I can help
Need some help running your small but mighty business? Can’t afford someone full-time, or even part-time? We can help with that!
These services are available on an ad-hoc basis and are invoiced at an hourly rate. This structure gives small businesses the flexibility to get support with no permanent commitment.
• Human Resources support (policies/procedures, performance management, health and safety, etc.)
• Learning design and delivery
• Market assistance (set-up, tear down, etc.)
• Product descriptions
• Invoice support
Since the beginning, Box’d Local has been about supporting small businesses and their incredible products. We have encouraged our partners to include their branding in our boxes and make a point to feature their product and story. Our curated boxes are merely a vehicle to connect communities with local small businesses.
Many of the businesses we work with are one-person operations; these hard-working individuals are makers, marketers, merchandisers, accountants, delivery drivers, customer service and much more. Despite how overwhelming this is, a small business may not have the luxury of hiring someone, or they may only need someone for a couple hours here or there to help with a few tasks.
That’s where I come in.
• Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) with 11 years experience in HR/Learning and Development
• Insured to practice Human Resources as an independent contractor
• University degree in Communications
• Hands-on knowledge of Shopify and Squarespace sites
• G-licensed driver with green vehicle
• Previous work experience in retail - clothing, gift, and party stores
• And most importantly, small business owner with a passion for local products
"Christie has been such a huge help to my small business! After moving
to a new area, I needed help with deliveries to my clients in the GTA,
and Christie has helped me so much with that. She’s flexible, reliable,
and I can trust her completely with my baked goodies! I don’t know what I
would do without her! She’s such an asset to running my business."
-Michelle, Owner of Delish by Mich
"I accomplished so much on my to-do list only because of Christie. I had several website add-ons that I had been wanting to do for months but didn't know how. I tasked Christie with these, she gave me several options, I chose one, and she implemented it. She has also been a life saver helping me run markets all summer. Christie is reliable, resourceful, kind, trustworthy, and an all around amazing person. I just can't say enough about her."
- Koby, Owner of Refillery Market
Tired of wearing a million hats?
Request our support for your small biz with a big heart.